Stone Selecting & Testing
Correct Stone selection is vital to the success of any stone project. Decisions regarding the selection of a stone involve many factors including the following:
- The architect’s aesthetic requirements (Colour, texture etc)
- Physical properties and durability requirements of the stone.
- Capacity of the Quarry and its production capacity.
- Seasonal quarrying period.
- Location of the Building (Climatic conditions.)
- Rough block sizes available, nominal bed heights.
- Cost of Block.
- Commitments of the quarry to other clients.
- Colour and general visual variation of the stone.
- Detailing of the Stonework.
The yield of a quarry can change very quickly so an evaluation of a quarry should be undertaken regularly. Our experienced Geologist based in Carrara, Italy, undertakes quarry evaluations and surveys throughout the world.